In case you missed it (I know I did), a friend from abroad pinged me about the openBC openDESIGN contest — basically an opportunity to design the Business Card 2.0. (Haven’t heard of openBC? You should!).
They’re looking to drum up interest over in the states, so I figured I’d pass the word along. Heck if you win, it’s pretty good money, so I don’t mind doing a little PSA.
What’s in it for you? Well, according to the contest challenge page, you’ll:
- Get your design talent featured on a high-traffic site and generate awareness for your microbrand
- Have your work judged by jury made up of prominent experts
- Receive a contract to work together with a prestigious and global client to integrate your ideas
- Win 12 months’ free premium membership if you are voted a weekly winner
- Be in with a chance of winning €10,000 up front if you produce the winning design concept
- The winners name will be featured on over 1.5 million profile pages for the first 3 months
Sounds good, eh? What’s in it for me? Well, in exchange for pimpage, there’s a good chance they’ll be doing up their new profile pages in hResume and hCard (now to keep them to their part of the deal… heh.)
Now, the site redesigners have been keeping a log of their efforts across the whole site, almost like watching the Tour de France of web design (getting quite contentious at times). Things are nearing the last leg though, with only a week to go before the contest is up… So, if you want your shot at €10,000, get your entries in ASAP. Veloso, Stamatiou and you 9rules folks — I’m lookin’ at you!