In Valleywag style, here are events that you should go to (though no, sorry, they’re not all Valley-centric):
- Aug 25–27 (this weekend!): BarCampEarth and locally BarCampStanford — the one year anniversary of the original is upon us
- Sept 9–10 @ Bunker Hill Community College: PodCamp Boston
- Sept 13: The Future of Web Apps — for a crisp $295, you get to hob-nob and prognosticate with the luminaries du jour
- Sept 22–24: WineCampFrance — the ad-hoc un-conference, set in Chambolle-Musigny, Burgundy, France.
- Sept 21: GovCamp Brussels — for governments and other public institutions to share social and technology solutions to turn them into Government 2.0.
- Sept 22–23: DrupalCon — part of tour-de-force in Brussels, Belgium
- Sept 28–30: CopyCamp — not free there are subsidies and is sure to offer some fascinating conversations
5 thoughts on “Events that you should be at”
Being that I live in a factory building, I appreciate the title of the blog. : )
Thanks for mentioning PodCamp, and we’re really looking forward to some great experiences out of it. The mix of people will be really good, judging by our early sign up.
I’m organizing a free Lunch in Santa Clara on Sept 12th for Web 2.0 companies for the upcoming “Lunch 2.0” I already tried to recruit Tara to come via email 😉
Details here, and kindly sign up via comments.
We are nowhere near the valley (or either coast) but in the midwest, we’re throwing BarCampMilwaukee on Sept. 30th & Oct 1st, 2006. This is Milwaukee’s first official “un-conference” event! (That we know of anyway…)
Hit that wiki up: http://barcampmilwaukee.com/
Quite the globe trotter, eh? Well I’m certainly envious.